To help students reach their full potential, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region, Inc. (RMHC®) awards approximately $130,000 each year to college-bound high school seniors from the Greater Philadelphia area eligible counties based on academic achievement, community service and financial need.
RMHC with the support of the McDonald’s® Owner/Operators of the Greater Philadelphia Region are seeking local, qualified applicants to apply for one of four scholarships: RMHC Scholars Scholarship, the RMHC/African American Future Achievers Scholarship, the RMHC/Hispanic American Commitment to Educational Resources® (HACER®) Scholarship, and the RMHC/Asian Students Increasing Achievement (ASIA) Scholarship. Fifty-five (55) total scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 each, will be awarded in the spring of 2016! We invite you to apply for one of our four scholarship programs outlined below.
Scholarship programs include:
- RMHC®/Scholars: All students are eligible to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability or national origin.
- RMHC®/Asia: Applicant must have at least one parent of Asian-Pacific heritage.
- RMHC®/African American Future Achievers: Applicant must have at least one parent of African American or Black Caribbean heritage.
- RMHC®/HACER®: Applicant must have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino heritage.
General Eligibility Requirements:
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
- Be a high school senior
- Be younger than 21 years old
- Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full course of study
- Be a legal U.S. resident
- Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
- Submit a complete application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application
- Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
- Verification of enrollment each year at the student’s accredited post-secondary institution
To apply for a 2017 RMHC Scholarship, please click here.