Reports to: Director of Marketing/Communications
Schedule: 12 – 20 Hours per week, unpaid, schedule is flexible
Description: This position is ideal for a student interested in gaining hands-on experience by working on promotional and marketing materials for a nonprofit organization. Working with the Marketing, Event, and Development teams and assisting in the design of banners, postcards, newsletters, and other print and online communication materials, the student will gain experience in messaging, branding, and communicating different messages through design. The intern will also gain experience in the workings of a local nonprofit organization with a global reach.
- Design clear and engaging graphic communications for print and the web. This will include direct mail pieces, branded promotional items, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, and other marketing materials as needed
- Work closely with a team of staff and volunteers to translate their messaging concepts into marketing materials
- Adhere to branding guidelines while exercising creativity to apply them to various platforms
- Take photographs at events and support with the updating of various communications platforms (social media, website, etc.) to reflect current and past programming and events
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Manager to update social media accounts and the official website and design various print materials programs while supporting daily operations
- Assist during special events and other programs
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, with experience in Illustrator & Photoshop
- Familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Flickr)
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a team
- Must be able to define and work on tight deadlines
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.