Accounts Receivable Specialist
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC Philly) is seeking a detail oriented Accounts Receivable Specialist to be responsible for completion of daily Accounts Receivable processing and reconciliation. This individual will ensure that finance polices are being followed and the accounting records are accurate and current.
Candidates must have demonstrated Accounts Receivable experience and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and understanding of financial statements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day A/R processing and reconciliation to ensure timely receipt and accurate recording of funds received by the organization
- Maintain and create A/R schedules
- Contact donors and follow up on financial pledges
- Create and generate invoices to track and request expected incoming revenue
- Create and maintain the daily cash log, compare to reconciliation schedule and review for correct postings
- Create revenue journal entries for monthly close
- Assist entering revenue into donor database
- Manage In-Kind donation accounting
- Participate in Development meetings to gain knowledge of incoming revenue
- Perform ad hoc analysis and create special reports as requested
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Business Administration required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Accounts Receivable processes
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and understanding of financial statements
- Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge software experience a plus
- Demonstrated Accounts Receivable experience
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to extrapolate data from databases in various report formats
- Excellent phone skills with focus on persuasive communication
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Advanced knowledge in Excel spreadsheets
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend prolonged amount of time on the computer.
- Must be physically capable of lifting up to 15 lbs. at times
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com