Bilingual Social Worker
About the Position:
Our Bilingual Social Worker will work with a team of expert social workers and family support services staff as part of the Dr. Audrey E. Evans Center for Family Support Services.
The Center provides supportive services to families of seriously ill children staying at our two Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House locations – Chestnut Street in University City and Front Street/Erie Avenue on the campus of St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children. Must be fluent in English/ Spanish.
- Team leaders can provide supervision toward licensure at no cost
- CEU financial support is available
- Our locations are easily accessible by public transportation and have free private parking available onsite.
As a part of our Social Work team, work with families to provide emotional support and address their unique concerns, providing them with individualized care throughout the length of their stay.
- Facilitate private, individualized family meetings
- Provide emotional support to families
- Assist families with resources based on individual and family need
- Facilitate support groups and workshops
- Provide a supportive and culturally competent environment to the diverse families, children, staff, and volunteers at RMHC Philly
- Communicate with hospital social workers on an ongoing basis to take referrals and get medical updates
- Work closely with House management to ensure that families are abiding by House rules and policies
- Assist in processing room requests from non-English speaking families
- Complete the check-in process for new families and/or non-English speaking families
- Ensure that families are comfortable with the House, staff, and interpreter services
- Assist families with participating in House programs, including educational and fun activities for patients, siblings, and caregivers
- Complete all documentation accurately and timely
- MSW required, licensure preferred
- 1 -3 years of experience, preferably in a medical setting or with individuals with developmental needs
- Bilingual ability – English/Spanish required
- Demonstrated competence in providing social work services
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively and desire to work with persons of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to understand medical terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to transport oneself between our locations and to/from events and related activities as needed
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend moderate amount of time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 35 lbs.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.