Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing/Communications/IT
Status: Full-Time/Exempt; Weekday schedule, with occasional after hours and weekend commitment to support and document events and activities
We’re seeking a creative and strategic-thinking Communications Manager to join our team at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC Philly). In this role, you will play an integral part in sharing our story with the public through digital and traditional media, direct mail channels and other tools to expand our reach, engagement levels and brand awareness.
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, you’ll see the impact of your efforts firsthand as you directly interact with guest families, campers, and others who benefit from RMHC Philly programs. You will guide projects from inception to completion, collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders including donor/partners, staff members, vendors and guest families.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC Philly.
Digital Media Management
- Strategically plan, schedule, draft and create consistent and engaging content for social media accounts
- Monitor accounts for engagement and responses
- Review analytics and set measures to continuously improve
- Identify opportunities and take photos and videos at our locations, events, and other occasions to enhance posts
- Stay up to date on current social media trends and best practices
- Engage staff, volunteers, corporate sponsors, and others to create content
Marketing Content/Materials Development
- Write engaging copy for websites, ads, letters, mail pieces, brochures, newsletters, emails, and fundraising platforms
- Maintain and update websites
- Maintain editorial calendar
- Collaborate across departments on various communications projects to support the mission of RMHC Philly
- Ensure that all materials and online content follow RMHC Philly branding guidelines
- Support the creation, design, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including:
- Marketing, development, and solicitation materials
- Event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage
- Monthly e-newsletters for an external audience of supporters
- Print newsletters for donors, partners, and other supporters
- Annual report
- Draft media advisories and press releases and disseminate to media outlets
- Pitch stories to media partners
- Coordinate and manage interviews, including selecting speakers and interacting with crews
- Coordinate with staff and third parties to create potential stories
- Maintain media lists
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism is preferred
- 3+ years experience working in a marketing, communications, or public relations role
- Experience with website content management systems (WordPress) and email marketing systems (Constant Contact, Blackbaud, MailChimp)
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven success implementing and executing marketing and communications strategies
- Successful multitasker, capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Social Media experience including: knowledge of best practices, eagerness to try new ideas and platforms, creativity in content creation and an enthusiastic outlook regarding its use
- Maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor with strong work ethic and initiative
- Creativity, an appreciation of design and an understanding of design composition
- Interest in photography and video creation
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as online email and website platforms
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend moderate amount of time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 25 lbs.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.