Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: Schedule to rotate between morning, afternoon, and evening shifts. Both weekday and weekend availability required.
Job Summary: The Custodial Supervisor is a hands-on position responsible for managing the housekeeping and custodial teams at both RMHC Philly locations. Maintaining the cleanliness of our facilities and grounds according to RMHC Philly standards is critical and primary to this valued and trusted position. Understanding this, the Custodial Supervisor will work closely with the Director of Operations to develop strategies to ensure that our facilities are expertly cleaned and consistently meet the needs of the population we serve.
The Custodial Supervisor must be comfortable with delegating responsibilities and following up with team members. This position will also be responsible for effectively evaluating the performance of housekeeping and custodial staff, setting, and meeting goals, resolving issues and addressing concerns when they arise. The Custodial Supervisor is expected to lead in a supportive and encouraging manner according to the values and mission of RMHC Philly.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
- Directly manage the housekeeping and custodial staff including scheduling, conducting training, coaching, and monitoring of performance
- Manage cleaning supplies, chemicals, and equipment inventory
- Maintain overall House sanitation and cleanliness including dining room, loading dock, trash chute, laundry room, cleaning equipment on a daily basis
- Manage vendor contracts for sanitation, landscaping and related equipment
- Participate in the interviewing of housekeeping and custodial employees
- Lead quality assurance efforts, ensuring quality control in cleanliness levels and cleaning practices at both RMHC Philly properties
- Work closely with the Lead Housekeeper to coordinate, schedule and assign daily tasks/duties to housekeeping and custodial staff to achieve House goals and priorities
- Create task lists and documentation for training in coordination with the Lead Housekeeper
- Notify management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents
- Cover shifts as needed and perform housekeeping or custodial tasks as warranted
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the House
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in janitorial or facilities supervision
- Experience in managing vendor contracts/relationships
- Custodial Supervisor Certification Preferred
- Ability to read and follow directions on products and material data safety sheets
- Ability to follow instructions and operate cleaning equipment and tools, assuring safety of yourself and all others in an effective and efficient
- Ability to apply processes, procedures and structure to meet organizational needs
- Compassionate, professional, friendly and approachable demeanor
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing (emails and reports)
- Microsoft Outlook, Office, Excel and Sharepoint proficiency
Physical Demands of Position
- Ability to frequently stand and walk
- Ability to position oneself to sit, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, climb, crawl in tight spaces as necessary
- Ability to carry, push and pull items weighing up to and including 50 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org