Family Room Assistant
Our hospitality extends to families while they are receiving treatment at our hospital partners!
This position is ideal for students enrolled in Hospitality Management, Medical/Health related or Psychology programs.
Job Summary: The Family Room Assistant helps to manage the RMHC Philly Family Rooms at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The Family Rooms, as an extension of the Ronald McDonald House are hospitality lounges serving as a respite space for families of seriously ill children on the hospital units that we serve. This position reports to the Family Room Manager.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
• Greeting all patients, families, and visitors that enter the Family Rooms
• Maintain a friendly and professional demeanor with all guests
• Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the Rooms
• Take inventory and stock the rooms with snacks, coffee, and other supplies
• Coordinate with RMHC Philly House Managers and volunteers to transport supplies from the Chestnut Street House pantry
• Accept meal donations, sets up the meal, and cleans up
• Create Meal/Activity calendars on a biweekly basis
• Work with CHOP Child Life to make sure all donations stay within CHOP regulations
• Manage CHOP Volunteers that serve in the Family Rooms
• Act as a liaison to ensure communication between CHOP and the House
• Follow CHOP Staff compliance regulations including but not limited to: a valid PPD, annual flu shot, and background clearances
• Student who has completed at least two years of their college degree program
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of others
• Excellent customer service skills
• Friendly and professional demeanor
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel
• Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
• Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org