Our Housekeeping Team loves working at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House for Flexible Schedules in a Caring, Supportive and Professional Work Environment!
Hours Available Year-Round!
We provide a safe, clean hotel-like environment for families of seriously ill children. Apply today to Join our team!
We’re in need of an experienced Full-Time Housekeeper for 8-hour evening and weekend shifts to clean and maintain our Chestnut Street (University City) and Front & Erie (North Philadelphia) locations. As a Housekeeper, you will provide cleaning, sanitizing, and restocking of guest rooms, restrooms, and public areas, following our operational procedures and standards to ensure families’ satisfaction and wellbeing.
Flexible schedule available. This position requires the ability to work evenings (4:00 – 10:00 pm), weekends and holidays as needed.
Note: You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of Philadelphia.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Clean and prepare guest room(s) including: change bed linens and make beds/sleeper sofas. Mop, vacuum, clean and sanitize all surfaces. Clean bathroom fixtures including toilets, vanity, shower, floors, and walls.
- Restock guest room supplies.
- Remove trash from guest rooms and change liners in trash cans.
- In public areas, mop, vacuum, clean glass surfaces and wipe down tables and other surfaces.
- Regular disposal of trash and recyclables in public areas; change liners in trash cans.
- Replenish paper products in public restrooms.
- Clean public restroom commodes, sinks, toilets, urinals, floors, walls and other surfaces.
- Report any needed repairs or maintenance to appropriate team members.
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years at a reputable hotel (3-star or above) preferred
- Detail oriented, enjoys cleaning!
- Ability to read and follow directions on products and material data safety sheets
- Ability to properly operate equipment with safety as a priority
- Compassionate, professional, friendly and approachable personality; good team player
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation and skills
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be willing and able to transport oneself between our two locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 50 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org