Full-Time Housekeepers Needed! Benefits Included!
Apply Today to Join Our Housekeeping team!
Our mission is to support families on their children’s medical journeys with a community of comfort and hope! Providing a clean and safe hotel-like environment for those families is job #1 at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House (RMHC Philly)! We open for business 365 days a year at our locations in University City and North Philadelphia.
Only candidates with scheduling flexibility and weekend availability need apply.
This position requires the ability to work day or evening hours and weekends/holidays.
Free parking at both of our locations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Clean and prepare guest room(s), including bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette (as applicable), according to or above RMHC Philly standards
- Clean and maintain public and back of house areas as assigned including dining room, family kitchen, welcome area, bathrooms, office areas, storage and laundry areas at a level that meets or exceeds RMHC Philly standards
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked cleaning cart
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as cleaning spills or special guest requests
- Inspect rooms for cleanliness and immediately report guest belongings that have been left behind
- Perform all cleaning duties in a thorough, detailed and timely manner
- Report any needed repairs or maintenance to appropriate team members
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year in a recent housekeeping or environmental services role required
- Detail oriented and enjoys cleaning!
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read and follow directions on products and material data safety sheets
- Ability to properly operate equipment with safety as a priority
- Compassionate, professional and friendly
- A team player!
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be willing and able to transport oneself between our two locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of lifting approximately 30 lbs. of equipment or supplies on and off a cart, using safe lifting techniques
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Cleaning: 1 year (Required)
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org