At Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC Philly), we take pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleaning for the families we serve.
Our mission is to support families on their children’s medical journeys with a community of comfort and hope! Our Housekeeping team focuses on providing a clean and safe hotel-like environment for families staying at our locations in University City and at Front Street & Erie Avenue.
Only serious candidates with scheduling flexibility and weekend availability will be considered.
This position requires the flexibility to work day or evening hours, at least one weekend day and occasional holidays.
Free parking is available at both of our locations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Highly detailed cleaning and sanitizing of guest room(s) following stays from 2 to up to 365 nights
- Includes bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette (as applicable)
- Restocking of guest room supplies
- Inspection of rooms for cleanliness and immediate reporting of guest belongings that have been left behind
- Reporting of any needed repairs or maintenance to appropriate team member(s)
- Clean and maintain public and back of house areas as assigned including dining room, family kitchen, welcome area, bathrooms, office areas, storage and laundry areas at a level that meets or exceeds RMHC Philly standards
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked cleaning cart
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as cleaning spills or guest special requests
- Perform all cleaning duties in a thorough, detailed and timely manner
- Follow established cleaning procedures and safety guideline
Experience and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) full years in a RECENT housekeeping or environmental services role required
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy cleaning
- Strong work ethic and self-initiative
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to read and follow directions on products and material data safety sheets
- Ability to properly operate equipment with safety as a priority
- Compassionate, professional and friendly
- A team player!
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must be willing and able to transport oneself between our two locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of lifting approximately 30 lbs. of equipment or supplies on and off a cart, using safe lifting techniques
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position. Duties and responsibilities may be subject to change based on organizational needs.