Human Resources Coordinator
Ronald McDonald House Charities/Philadelphia Region – the world’s first Ronald McDonald House – is seeking a part-time Human Resources Coordinator to join our team!
The Human Resources Coordinator is a part-time position that supports HR and Volunteer Programs as part of RMHC Philly’s People and Culture team. These departments together focus on our growing staff, volunteer base and organizational culture. Responsibilities for this role include assisting with payroll processing, benefits enrollment/maintenance, employee recordkeeping, staff and volunteer recruitment/onboarding process, internal communications, and employee and volunteer engagement activities. Flexibility and being a team player are key, as the HR Coordinator is involved in a wide range of tasks and projects.
Note: You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC/Philadelphia Region.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- Support the recruiting, hiring, onboarding process for staff and volunteers for all RMHC Philly programs
- Assist with recruitment and interview process – monitor online postings, set-up interviews, track candidates and conduct follow-up
- Assist with payroll processing – ensure all timecards are accurate, complete and submitted for processing
- Initiate online investigation requests and new employee/volunteer criminal background checks
- Conduct new employee orientation and payroll/benefits information sessions as needed
- Assist with the processing of terminations
- Submit payments for insurances and retirement accounts following each payroll
- Manage employee Workers Compensation plan – coding, payment submission per payroll, maintain claim file and assist in annual audit
- Conduct audits of and manage maintenance of payroll records
- Administer health and welfare plans – enrollments, changes, terminations
- Maintain personnel records in both paper and electronic format as designated
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned processes
- Conduct audit of and maintain all benefits systems ensuring that information is up to date
- Assist with all communication efforts pertaining to staff and volunteers including informational emails, newsletters and other messaging
- Coordinate employee relations efforts including events and other activities as needed
- Support the Director of People and Culture, Director of Volunteers and Assistant Director of Volunteers on all programs and projects as assigned
- All other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization
- Two or 4-year college degree
- Minimum two years previous Human Resources administrative experience, including payroll processing and employee benefits responsibilities
- A strong desire to be part of a compassionate, mission-focused regional organization with global impact
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with attention to detail
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong ability with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Positive and professional presence over the phone and through email
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend substantial time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org