IT Systems Administrator
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC Philly) is actively seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator to manage the maintenance, troubleshooting, security and repair of hardware and software for all of the IT systems that support our programs. This role assists in creating and identifying IT solutions to support employees as part of a help desk environment. This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, with occasional work after hours and on weekends to support the technology needs and the fulfillment of the mission of the organization.
The IT Systems Administrator will serve onsite at both RMHC Philly locations – Chestnut Street and Front Street & Erie Avenue.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
Preventive maintenance of IT hardware and software
- Maintain servers, networks, telecom, and security equipment to ensure infrastructure availability at all times
- Maintains telecom equipment and software
- Maintain and review networks to insure proper and optimal function
- Logging and event correlation, incident response, systems and network security hardening, threat analysis and malware response and mitigation
- Weekly review of security camera and other security equipment to ensure it is operational
- Conduct security reviews of all software and hardware, including networks
- Identify and resolve IT security issues
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by implementation and enforcement of organizational security policies, and effective operation of security solutions and/or controls.
- Document and explain deviations from security standards.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, and internal/external vulnerability scans.
- Troubleshooting of staff hardware and software issues
- Create and maintain user profiles
- Provide accurate and timely written and verbal communication of information in an easy to understand manner
- Instruct staff on best practices for the security of information and longevity of hardware
Installation, replacement and/or implementation of IT infrastructure
- Oversight of IT infrastructure changes/processes conducted by external vendors
- Deliver cross-functional projects on time and within budget, by communicating project information to team members and business partners on issues of scope, schedules, risks, financials and needed resources
- Sourcing and managing vendors and internal resources supporting all IT management functions
- Other IT-related duties as needed or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or relevant work experience in such field preferred.
- Two to five years of relevant IT work experience
- Experience in a mixed technology environment including, Microsoft Exchange servers, Microsoft SQL Servers, SAN Storage technology, document management and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of server infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, networks, security, ERP, Virtualization, Storage and strategic planning
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of successful project/system implementations
- Excellent customer service skills exhibited at all times in every day work interactions
- Courteous and respectful attitude to internal and external customers
- Compassion for our guest families
- Ability to listen, understand, problem-solve and carry-out duties to ensure the optimal outcome
- Ability to use IT systems in an accurate and proficient manner
- Exhibit cooperation and dependability in all daily work activities
- Willingness to collaborate with others and ability to work independently
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Willingness to attend trainings to enhance knowledge of IT systems, tools, and security
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, stoop, crawl and lift up to 35 lbs.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Sharon Brown