Join our team as Information Technology Manager!
In this role, you’ll ensure the optimal working condition of systems and tools used by our staff and guest families and the successful completion of our technology projects. Working with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners, including vendors, staff and guest families, you’ll see the impact of our work, every day.
The IT Manager will be vital in providing expert advice to our leadership team, managing the IT Systems Administrator and stewarding projects from beginning to completion while ensuring successful launches and the longevity of the systems created. You will also be charged with finding creative ways to tackle challenges and increase work efficiency through IT solutions.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, with occasional work after hours and on weekends to support the technology needs related to the fulfillment of the RMHC Philly mission. The IT Manager will serve onsite at RMHC Philly locations – Chestnut Street, Front Street & Erie Avenue and our Ronald McDonald Family Rooms at local hospitals.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
- Deliver cross-functional projects on time and within budget, including communicating project information on issues of scope, schedules, risks, financials and needed resources
- Installation, replacement and/or implementation of technology systems and infrastructure
- Plan and execute preventive and ongoing maintenance of IT hardware and software –
- servers, network equipment, telecom equipment, and security equipment – ensuring infrastructure availability at all times
- Maintain and review networks to ensure proper and optimal function
- Monitor warranties
- Manage telecom equipment and software
- Plan, manage, and delegate weekly operational review of security camera and other security equipment
- Manage strategic and operational vendor relationships
- Provide expert advice on project direction to RMHC Philly leadership and consultants
- Provide guidance and training to IT Systems Administrator, Interns, and other staff as needed
- Support RMHC Philly Staff with IT issues, delegating when appropriate
- Review IT tickets to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Oversight of IT infrastructure changes/processes conducted by external vendors
- Troubleshooting a variety of different technologies, not limited to, but including: Power Apps, databases, Microsoft and Apple products, and mobile phones
IT Security Duties
- Conduct periodic security assessments of all software and hardware, including networks and vendors
- Establish and steward an IT Incident Response plan to acknowledge and address IT security related issues
- Manage log in and event correlation, incident response, systems and network security hardening, threat analysis and malware response and mitigation
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by implementation and enforcement of organizational security policies, and effective operation of security solutions and/or controls
- Document and explain deviations from security standards
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system, and internal/external vulnerability scans
- Manage and review access control for respective systems
- Develop and train staff on best practices for the security of information and longevity of hardware
- Bachelor’s Degree required, degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant work experience in such field preferred
- 5+ years of direct full-time and hands-on IT experience
- Experience in a mixed technology environment including, Microsoft servers, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL Servers, SAN Storage technology, document management and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge of server infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, networks, security, ERP, Virtualization, Storage and strategic planning
- Experience managing IT projects from inception to completion
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving with the ability to diagnose a diverse set of technology issues
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of successful project/system implementations
- Strong supervisory skills
- Courteous and respectful attitude to internal and external customers
- Compassion for our guest families
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exhibit cooperation and dependability in all daily work activities
- Willingness to collaborate with others and ability to work independently
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Willingness to self-educate to increase knowledge of the technology landscape
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend moderate amount of time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, crawl; kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to