Relief House Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Status: Part-Time Non-Exempt, Flexible – Days, Evenings, Weekends, Overnight
Pay Rate: $20/hour
RMHC Philly is seeking energetic, customer service oriented individuals to serve as part-time House Managers for our Chestnut Street and Front & Erie locations!
Our part-time House Managers (Relief Managers) oversee the internal operations of our Chestnut Street (University City) and Front & Erie (North Phila.) locations and act as the primary staff contact for guests staying at RMHC Philly. In the absence of our regular House Managers, Relief House Managers are responsible for maintaining a home-like and supportive environment, assuring that guest services are provided in a manner consistent with the policy and guidelines of RMHC Philly.
Relief House Managers do not have a set schedule and cover shifts when the regularly scheduled House Managers are not available. There is coverage on site 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day. Relief Managers must possess the ability to handle high stress situations and make decisions quickly. They are expected to maintain a positive, family focused attitude exemplifying the the RMHC Philly mission.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
- House Management:
- Directly participate in and oversee all functions and duties related to House Operations including maintaining the safety and security of the entire premises (building and grounds)
- Oversee the entire family experience from arrival to departure and utilize House resources appropriately
- Assure that all functions are carried out within established procedures and guidelines
- Be informed of and share relevant situations which have occurred during shifts through hand-off reporting with outgoing and incoming Managers and reading daily notes
- Respond to emergency situations including all alarms, family crisis and other emergencies
- Complete family check-in and out process, ensuring administration of House rules as agreed upon at check-in with families
- Troubleshoot facility issues and correct using appropriate measures
- Perform all tasks as outlined by daily check list or as requested by supervisors
- Maintain constant knowledge of current programs and events
- Monitor all guests, vendors and visitors. Ensure that everyone is screened appropriately and that overnight guests are recorded accurately
- Assist with Inventory and storage of all supplies
- Monitor and distribute all deliveries including mail in a timely manner
- Monitor the cleanliness of the House to ensure RMHC Philly standards are met. Including inspections of communal space and guest rooms as directed
- Hospitality Services:
- Maintain the highest level of Hospitality and understanding of all pertinent aspects of customer service
- Resolve family, volunteer, visitor and donor issues with efficiency and diplomacy
- Work with Family Support Services team to ensure the timeliness of room requests, check-ins, check outs as needed
- Manage Daily Volunteers:
- Assist volunteers and ensure they maintain a positive family focused attitude, philosophy and work ethic relative to RMHC Philly’s mission.
- Engage, utilize and lead volunteers in a positive manner that makes them feel valued and respected
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience in hospitality, non-profit, or human services/social work industry or equivalent preferred
- Ability to handle high stress situations and make decisions quickly
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people in a fair and consistent manner
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
- Possesses patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org