Relief House Manager
Position Summary: Relief House Managers oversee the internal operations of the Chestnut Street and Front & Erie locations and act as the primary staff contact for guests staying at RMHC Philly in the absence of the regularly scheduled House Managers. Relief Managers are responsible for maintaining a home-like
and supportive environment, assuring that guest services are provided in a manner consistent with the policy and guidelines of RMHC Philly.
Relief Managers do not have a set schedule and cover shifts when the regularly scheduled House Managers are not available. There is coverage on site 7 days a
week/ 24 hours a day. This is a part-time position, without guaranteed hours.
While ensuring the well-being of our families, this position is expected to maintain the highest level of hospitality and customer service in a manner consistent with the policies and guidelines of PRMH.
Relief Managers must possess the ability to make decisions and work well under stressful circumstances, and is expected to maintain a positive, family focused attitude exemplifying the philosophy of the RMHC Philly mission.
You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC of the Philadelphia Region.
- Maintain the safety and security of the entire premises (building and grounds) by:
- Being present and accessible during entire shift
- Conducting continual security camera observation noting any unusual activity on or around the property and follow-up on observations
- Conducting and documenting whole House walk-thru inspections, logging times, any family activity, facility needs, room inspections as applicable
- Being present and available to families and staff during shift
- Maintaining a community living setting by enforcing House rules and policies
- Oversee the entire family experience from arrival to departure and utilize House resources appropriately
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with families, staff and vendors
- Assure that all functions are carried out within established procedures and guidelines
- Be informed of and share relevant situations which have occurred during shifts through hand-off reporting with outgoing and incoming Managers and reading daily notes
- Respond to emergency situations including all alarms, family crisis and other emergencies calmly and professionally – notifying guests if warranted, providing necessary assistance or contacting the appropriate community or House personnel to resolve the issue
- Complete family check-in and out process, ensuring administration of House rules as agreed upon at check-in with families
- Troubleshoot facility issues and correct using appropriate measures
- All other duties as assigned
- Maintain the highest level of Hospitality and understanding of all pertinent aspects of customer service
- Resolve family, volunteer, visitor and donor issues with efficiency and diplomacy
- Respond to all requests and takes ownership of all issues ensuring positive outcomes
- Responsible for clear and timely communication between all House departments, families and volunteers
- Ensure that all volunteer and family areas are properly supplied
- Maintain a high level of morale and cooperation. Use good judgement and fairness in decision making with families, volunteers and all team members
- Work with Family services to ensure the timeliness of room requests, check-ins, check outs as needed
- Maintain a positive family focused attitude and lead by example the philosophy and work ethic of RMHC Philly’s Mission
Manage Daily Volunteers:
- Assist volunteers and ensure they maintain a positive family focused attitude, philosophy and work ethic of RMHC Philly’s mission.
- Work collaboratively with volunteers to establish an all-hands-on-deck mentality
- Engage, utilize and lead volunteers in a positive manner that makes them feel valued and respected
- Directly participate in and oversee all functions and duties related to House Operations
- Responds to all communications as timely as possible
- Attend all mandatory meetings
- Perform all tasks as outlined by daily check list or as requested by supervisors
- Maintain constant knowledge of current programs and events
- Monitor all guests, vendors and visitors. Ensure that everyone is screened appropriately and that overnight guests are recorded accurately
- Assist with Inventory and storage of all supplies
- Monitor and distribute all deliveries including mail in a timely manner
- Monitor the cleanliness of the House to ensure RMHC Philly standards are met. Including inspections of communal space and guest rooms as directed
- Report any concerns or violations of policies and procedures to your supervisor and the appropriate management team
- Maintain the highest level of data integrity at all times
- Monitor all systems that ensure the safety and security of the RMHC Philly House
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Follow and ensure that all RMHC Philly policies and procedures are met
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience in hospitality, non-profit, or human services/social work industry or equivalent preferred
- Ability to handle high stress situations and make decisions quickly
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people in a fair and consistent manner
- Ability to have respectful and effective face-to-face and telephone interactions
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
- Possesses patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Basic office work, as well as the physical ability to perform all other tasks as needed (ie. stock food service area & supplies, handle deliveries, laundry, etc.)
- Light sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit
- Must be willing and able to transport oneself between necessary locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
Sharon Brown, Director of People & Culture, via email. Click here to email.