Part-Time House Manager (Hospitality Experience Required)
A flexible schedule is required for this position- applicants who can work nights, weekends, holidays and overnights are preferred
RMHC Philly is seeking energetic, customer service-oriented individuals to serve as part-time House Managers for our Chestnut Street and Front & Erie locations!
Our Part-Time House Managers (Relief Managers) oversee the operations of our Chestnut Street (University City) and Front & Erie (North Phila.) locations and act as the primary staff contact for guests staying at RMHC Philly. In the absence of our regular House Managers, Relief House Managers are responsible for maintaining a home-like and supportive environment, assuring that guest services are provided in a manner consistent with the mission and policies of RMHC Philly.
Relief House Managers do not have a set schedule and cover shifts when the regularly scheduled House Managers are not available. There is coverage on site 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day. Relief Managers must possess the ability to handle high stress situations and make decisions quickly. They are expected to maintain a positive, family focused attitude exemplifying the the RMHC Philly mission.
- Directly participate in and oversee all functions and duties related to House Operations including maintaining the safety and security of the entire premises (building and grounds)
- Oversee the entire family experience from arrival to departure, appropriately utilizing House resources
- Respond to emergency situations including all alarms, family crisis and other emergencies
- Complete family check-in and out process
- Troubleshoot facility issues and correct using appropriate measures
- Monitor all guests, vendors and visitors ensuring that everyone is screened appropriately and that overnight guests are recorded accurately
- Assist with inventory and storage of all supplies
- Monitor the cleanliness of the House to ensure RMHC Philly standards are met, including inspections of common areas and guest rooms as directed
- Maintain the highest level of hospitality and customer service
- Resolve family, volunteer, visitor and donor issues with efficiency and diplomacy
- Work with our Family Support Services team to ensure the timeliness of room requests, check-ins, check-outs as needed
Manage Daily Volunteers:
- Assist volunteers and ensure they maintain a positive family focused attitude, philosophy and work ethic relative to RMHC Philly’s mission.
- Engage, utilize and lead volunteers in a positive manner that makes them feel valued and respected
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of related experience in hospitality, non-profit, or human services/social work industry or equivalent preferred
- Ability to handle high stress situations and make decisions quickly
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people in a fair and consistent manner
- Motivated, self-starter able to work independently
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
- Possesses patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Light sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend moderate amount of time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have the ability to travel to both our University City and Northeast Philadelphia locations?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (Required)
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org