Part-time Shuttle Van Driver
Help us keep our families close by becoming a Shuttle Van Driver!
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Philadelphia Region (RMHC/PR) – the world’s first Ronald McDonald House – is seeking friendly and dependable Part-Time Shuttle Van Drivers to transport our guest families to and from the hospital to visit their children each day.
The Shuttle Van Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of families in passenger vans using established COVID-19 safety guidelines. Shuttle Van Drivers must provide a superior customer service experience for each passenger. In this visible role, it is important that the Shuttle Van Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
Training is provided and will include: House orientation, Van Driver training class and behind the wheel test, continuous learning through on-the-job experience and refresher training as needed.
Flexible shift are available within van operating hours of 5:30 am to midnight.
The ability to work days, nights, weekends and/or holidays is required.
• Welcome each family with a smile
• Transport guest families to and from the Chestnut Street House
• Operates passenger vans/shuttles safely and efficiently
• Provide information, direction and assistance as requested
• Treat all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner
• Follow scheduled times and designated routes and/or responds to requests from House Manager for
unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs
• Kindly assists passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle
• Ensure appropriate child safety seats are utilized by all children
• Reports accidents, safety situations, vehicle condition, or damage to the Manager on Duty
• Complete Driver Vehicle Inspection report (DVIR)
• Accurately complete Van Log Sheet for each shift with information about number of passengers
• Ensure that both inside and outside of the vehicle are properly cleaned
• Responsible for keeping van or shuttle fueled
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must be 21 years or older
• All applicants must be willing to complete a Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Report request
• Ability to interact with our guests, volunteers, staff in a helpful and supportive manner
• Must possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, tact, and flexibility
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of people in a fair and consistent manner
• Ability to understand and practice confidentiality
• Compassionate and caring with the ability to exhibit patience, attentiveness and sensitivity to the
needs of others
• Ability to maintain boundaries while exhibiting empathy and understanding to families in trauma
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org