Volunteer Engagement Manager
Department: People & Culture
Reports to: Director of Volunteers
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: The Volunteer Engagement Manager directly supports Volunteer Programs of Ronald McDonald House Charities/Philadelphia Region (RMHC Philly), by assisting the Director of Volunteers with the entire volunteer life cycle from recruitment and onboarding to ongoing policy/procedure updates. This position will work directly with the Director of Volunteers to identify and expand volunteer opportunities to meet our organizational and departmental strategic goals. Position functions include, but are not limited to, scheduling and leading orientations, interviewing potential new volunteers, communications and creating new and/or updating existing organizational policies and volunteer engagement activities. This role will work closely with other departments and help enforce volunteer responsibilities.
Occasional after hours and weekend availability is required based on program activities.
Note: You must be COVID vaccinated to be hired in this role. You will be required to maintain your COVID vaccination status as required by RMHC/Philadelphia Region.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of volunteers
- Assist in the identification, development, and implementation of creative strategies to attract and retain a sufficient level of volunteers to meet operational needs
- Respond to all applications as they are submitted and reply to schedule one-on-one interviews or educational open houses
- Manage the preparation for all orientations: updating presentation as needed, creating volunteer packets, and confirming all new volunteers complete and pass a criminal background check
- Review volunteer onboarding checklist and ensure all processes are complete
- Assist the Director of Volunteers, Director of People & Culture, and Department Managers to assess and meet the need for volunteer support
- Keep all volunteer job descriptions up to date and consistent on all external or internal sites
- Assist in developing volunteer experience surveys and use feedback to help improve processes
- Help to update Volunteer Policy Manual and keep relevant as Global or House policies change
- Lead the management/maintenance of Volgistics, the volunteer database/scheduling system
- Support the creation and management of volunteer schedules in Volgistics
- Assist in targeting opportunities for and conduct presentations to local organizations (civic, religious, corporate and government
- Manage the volunteer role in existing Development programs as assigned
- Assist in the coordination of existing community partnerships/projects – weekly produce distribution
- Contribute to all communication efforts pertaining to volunteers including informational emails, newsletters, and other messaging
- Assist with volunteer engagement and recognition including events and other activities
- Gather volunteer testimonials for recruitment and marketing use
- Compile volunteer service and demographic data for organizational reporting and to evaluate recruitment program effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 – 3 years volunteer program experience
- Prior management experience
- Experience with volunteer database software a plus
- A strong desire to be part of a compassionate, mission-focused regional organization with global impact
- Excellent people skills
- Basic understanding of volunteer organizations/programs
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Planning and time management skills with attention to detail
- Adept at decision making and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creative thinking
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Moderate sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit and spend moderate amount of time on the computer.
- Must be willing and able to travel between RMHC Philadelphia locations and other locations using personal vehicle or alternative
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear.
- Must be physically capable of carrying up to 35 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to: HR@rmhcphilly.org