10 Aug Special Events Intern
Department: Events & Corporate Development
Reports to: Special Events Manager
Schedule: 12 – 15 Hours per Week/Unpaid
The Special Events Intern will report to the Special Events Manager, while working closely with the Special Events Coordinator to provide a broad range of support in areas such as event logistics and planning, day of event coordination, promoting PRMH at third party fundraisers or donor events, and by exhibiting an overall positive presence at the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House. PRMH key events include the Read for the House program, CBS 3 CW Philly Change the Luck of a Child Telethon, Plane Pull, Hit ‘Em for the House Golf Outing, Champions of Hope Awards, Show Your Stripes, House Lightings, and Adopt a Room programs.
• Attend all or most of PRMH events as scheduling allows
• Work closely with the Special Events Coordinator to coordinate all aspects of fundraising events, which include the confirmation of participants and vendors prior to the event, on-site management, and post-event follow-up
• Research trends in event industry to improve current and future PRMH events
• Compose post event survey questions to solicit feedback from attendees in an effort to provide the best experience for future events
• Work in a positive, nurturing manner with volunteers, community groups, donors, and support staff in the House
• Photograph event activities as needed
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Event Planning, Communications, or related degree
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Able to work flexible hours, including nights and/or weekends as necessary
• Possess an interest in a non-profit career, specifically events and fundraising
• Ability to transport oneself and event materials to and from various regional event sites
• Ability to lift and transport up to 30 lbs.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.