Volunteer at RMHC of the Philadelphia Region
You’ll be surprised by how meaningful a few hours a week can be
There are many ways you can help at RMHC Philly! If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you! Please click on the Volunteer Application button and complete the online form. For questions on how to get started as an RMHC Philly Volunteer, contact one of our Volunteer Coordinators at 215.387.8406.
If you are a current RMHC of the Philadelphia Region volunteer, thank you for volunteering your time with us! Click on the login button to schedule a shift or to sign-up for an event.
* * Although that due to the global pandemic of COVID-19,we had to limit volunteer opportunities for the past two years, we have slowly started to welcome more volunteers. Limiting visitors is a precaution we are taking to keep our entire community safe during these times, but we miss seeing our volunteers every day. If you are interested in becoming a regular volunteer with us, please complete the application to the right of this page, and we will connect with you as more opportunities open up.
We have onsite opportunities perfect for all kinds of interests:
- Skilled Building Maintenance Volunteers in construction or HVAC or plumbing episodically or ongoing opportunities.
- Culinary/Food Service Volunteers comfortable in mass food production environment
- Volunteer Van Drivers between 21 and 70 years of age that are good, safe drivers to transport families from the Chestnut Street House to CHOP in our 14 passenger vehicle (Shifts are 8am to 1pm, 1pm to 6pm, and 6pm to 9pm)
- Front Desk Volunteers with excellent customer service skills to welcome guests and visitors, answer phone, conduct wellness checks, coordinate van runs and support House operations.
There Are Many Other Ways You Can Help!
- Help our Hospitality Team
Hospitality Volunteers keep our grab-and-go food service area stocked with snacks, meals, and supplies families can access quickly. Hospitality volunteers must commit to a minimum of two shifts per month for 12 consecutive months. Contact our Volunteer Coordinators to learn more.
- Sponsor A Meal
Provide a pizza party, catered meal, or holiday-themed meal to our families. Donations of $500+ cover the full cost of a meal for all of our families. Contact our Volunteer Coordinators to learn more.
- Donated American Express Points
Your company’s AmEx points can be converted into gift cards and hotel stays for the families we serve. For more information, contact our Corporate Relations team.
- Participate in an Event
Our 2022 calendar is full of virtual events like Read for the House and our Book Club, in-person Hit ‘Em for the House Golf Outing, and more. Click here to view our events calendar.
- Assemble Kits
To make our families’ time at the House a little easier, you can assemble toiletry, dress-up, activity, or spa kits off-site, which you can ship or deliver to the House. Click here for more details.
- Organize a Wish List Drive
Your family, friends, coworkers, or other groups can make a big difference by collecting items to help our families. Please view our Wish List to see what we need. It helps our team if you ship the items to the House. Appointments for delivery must be scheduled in advance with our Wish List Coordinator.
Some companies will match employee or retiree volunteer hours with a financial contribution. Search below to see what matching gift options are available through your employer.